At Valverde & Rowell, P.C., we help clients in Virginia Beach and throughout the Hampton Roads of Virginia with a wide variety of legal challenges that may arise in their personal or professional lives. When you need sound legal advice and solution-oriented legal representation in any of the following areas of legal practice, contact us.
Personal Injury Representation
After a serious accident or personal injury, life can become difficult and complicated. We always seek the full amount of damages you are due, including your right to workers' compensation if your accident occurred on the job. Our experience includes:
- Motor vehicle accidents, such as car accidents, truck accidents or motorcycle accidents
- Work-related accidents
- Alcohol-related accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Pharmacy errors
- Dog bites
- Serious neck and back injuries suffered in rear-end collisions, slip-and-falls or on-the-job accidents
- Product liability claims
- Premises liability
We will work with the insurance company and handle all the details of your claim so you can have peace of mind that your interests are being protected.
Aggressive Criminal Defense
Even a misdemeanor charge or traffic violation can have serious consequences, such as significant fines, possible jail time and hurting your employment opportunities. Our Virginia Beach criminal defense attorneys will protect your rights and record against:
- Traffic violations such as drunk driving, speeding, reckless driving or driving on a suspended or revoked license
- Drug possession charges
- Juvenile crimes such as underage drinking or drug use
- Sex crimes
- Theft, larceny, robbery or burglary
- Assault and battery/domestic violence
- Other misdemeanors and felonies
- Should I hire a lawyer for a misdemeanor charge?
The Commonwealth of Virginia takes misdemeanors, felony charges and traffic violations very seriously, especially within the Virginia Beach jurisdiction. If you are a not a U.S. citizen, it is important that you hire an attorney who understands how a criminal charge can affect your immigration status or immigration prospects. Get a strong criminal defense attorney immediately.
Skilled Hampton Roads Immigration Attorneys
Our firm represents both individual foreign nationals as well as businesses with a wide variety of immigration concerns:
- Assistance with various professional visas, such as H-1B, H-2A and H-2B guest worker visas
- Employer representation in hiring skilled workers from abroad
- Family immigration visas, including spouse or K-1 fiancé(e) visas
- Immigration waivers
- Making investments across national boundaries and other aspects of international business
- Defense against removal proceedings
We are familiar with the wide range of visas and other entry and immigration documents you may need. We will help you choose the appropriate application process, complete the paperwork and obtain all the necessary supporting documents to achieve your goals.
We know that businesses are only as successful as the individual contributors and executives who run them. We handle a wide range of employment matters on behalf of both employers and employees:
- We provide knowledgeable counsel for employers on all state, federal and administrative regulations regarding wage and hour issues, employee classification, I-9 immigration compliance and E-Verify, equal opportunity employment and other issues. We can also defend your business in the event of employment litigation with a current or former employee.
- If you are an individual employee, our lawyers will help you understand your employment rights and assert them where they have been violated. This includes review of non-competition agreements, advocacy in workers' compensation and assistance with unemployment claims, among others.
We offer comprehensive business law services for startup companies as well as established businesses throughout the region. Our lawyers can assist you throughout the process of business formation as well as in legal transactions, contract negotiations and employment concerns thereafter. We also provide cost-effective defense in all matters of business litigation.
Contact Valverde & Rowell, P.C.
Whether your issue is personal or business related, we know that your legal outcomes can have a direct impact upon your livelihood. Contact Valverde & Rowell, P.C., at 757.383.9947 or toll free at 866.719.0059 to discuss your case with an experienced attorney. See what we can do to protect your rights.