Experienced Norfolk Drunk Driving Defense Attorneys
Under Virginia's "per se" drunk driving laws, if your blood alcohol content (BAC) is measured at .08 percent or above, you will be considered legally intoxicated. No further evidence of impairment is needed to bring charges against you.
The Virginia Beach justice system takes all drunk driving charges very seriously. You should too.
If you were arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs, Valverde & Rowell, P.C., will fight your charges by providing proactive defense focused on protecting your rights, your license and your freedom. Contact our experienced Virginia Beach DUI defense attorneys today.
Drunk driving is one criminal charge you need to fight aggressively right from the start. Even a first-time DUI offender can face serious penalties, including:
- Minimum license suspension or revocation
- Heavy fines
- Possible jail time (though unlikely for a first-time offender)
- Increased insurance premiums
- A permanent conviction on your record, which could limit your employment options and other opportunities in the future
Penalties increase substantially if:
- You have a higher BAC percentage such as .15 percent, also known as an elevated or aggravated DUI offense
- This is your second DUI or third DUI
- You are found to have any combination of drugs and alcohol in your system at the time of arrest
Penalties for elevated DUI or multiple DUIs include mandatory jail sentences, immediate license suspension/revocation, extremely high fines and an increased amount of insurance points assessed against your driving record, which will drive up your car insurance costs.
Do Not Wait to Get Legal Help
Defending yourself against DUI conviction can quickly become technical and legally complex. The sooner you contact an experienced lawyer, the more time he or she will have to explore your defense options and develop an effective strategy to beat the charges against you.
Contact Valverde & Rowell, P.C., at 757.383.9947 or 866.719.0059 toll free to schedule a consultation with an experienced DUI defense attorney.